Sutherland Shire Turf Supplies
Fresh Cut Turf Delivered to Sutherland Shire
A little inland west of Camden is Cobbitty village, the home of the Cobbitty Turf Farm, making us the ideal choice for your Sutherland turf supplies.
Because we’re so close, there’s no problem getting your turf quickly. However, please give us as much notice as possible before the date that you will require your turf delivery.
We can recommend where to get soil and help you choose the right grass variety, just give us a call on 02 4651 0000.
Read on below to find out more about turf and soil types in and around Sutherland Shire.
Turf Varieties for the Sutherland Shire
There are several premium turf varieties that we grow which suit lawns in Sutherland and the surrounding south Sydney suburbs. They each have their pros and cons to consider. Ask us if you’re not sure what to buy!
When choosing a lawn variety, these are the factors to think about:
- Shade – how much shade will your lawn get and how much sun does it need to survive?
- Water & drought – how much watering do you want to do? Some grasses do OK with minimal water.
- Maintenance – some varieties require more mowing and edging.
- Fertilising – for optimal growth and green, most varieties need fertilising every now and then. But how much?
- Wear & tear – do you have kids, dogs, or generally a lot of foot traffic on the lawn? Some handle this better than others.
- Weed resistance – will your grass out-compete weeds?
- Disease resistance – how susceptible will the variety be to lawn diseases and fungus?
- Budget – not all varieties cost the same. But bear in mind you will get a better performing lawn with a higher budget.
If you’re looking for a beautiful turf variety with premium qualities, be sure to check out Sir Grange (Zeon Zoysia).
Perfect for the Sutherland Shire, Sir Grange stands out from the crowd thanks to it’s good looks and superior performance under a range of conditions.
Originally developed for the golf industry, Sir Grange is drought tolerant, shade tolerant and requires less maintenance compared to other common varieties.
Hand selected from over 10,000 different cultivars, Sir Grange is self repairing and able to withstand traffic and wear, even from pets!
- Well suited to Sutherland’s environment
- Has a lush, green appearance
- Requires less lawn care and maintenance compared to other varieties
- Grows in full sun or with as little as 4 hours of sunlight a day
- Keeps weeds and pests at bay
- Self repairing
- Comes with a 10 Year Product Warranty
Find out more about Sir Grange.
Sir Walter Buffalo DNA Certified
For a premium lawn the whole family can enjoy, look to Sir Walter Buffalo Turf, the most popular turf variety sold Australia Wide.
Providing a luxurious looking lawn that performs well under a range of weather conditions, Sir Walter Buffalo is a low allergenic turf variety perfect for Sutherland homes.
100% Australian Bred, Sir Walter Buffalo turf is highly shade tolerant requiring only 3 hours a day.
With a dense growth habit to keep out pests and rarely suffering from fungus, it’s easy to see why it’s Australia’s favourite turf.
- Reduce time spent on maintenance
- Highly shade tolerant – only needs 3 hours of sun/day to thrive
- Beautiful lush, green appearance
- Soft to touch & low allergenic – no more grass itch for you or your pets
- Good drought tolerance
- 100% Australian bred and DNA certified by AusGAP Australia
- Best selling turf variety in Australia
- Ideal for Sutherland homes and businesses
- Comes with a 10 year product warranty
Find out more about Sir Walter Buffalo DNA certified.
If you’re looking for a grass variety that’s going to perform well in Sutherland throughout the summer and extended dry periods, we recommend TifTuf Bermuda.
Scientifically developed to thrive under hot, dry conditions while requiring minimal input and water.
TifTuf is the only turf variety to ever receive the Smart Approved WaterMark making it a great choice if you’re looking for a lawn that’s going to thrive during summer while under water restrictions.
While TifTuf is most known for its water saving capabilities, it’s also incredibly tough.
Able to withstand a high amount of traffic and wear, TifTuf can be used around the home or for commercial applications such as sport fields and parks.
- Only turf variety to hold the Smart Approved WaterMark
- Well suited to the Sutherland environment
- Performs well under drought conditions as it requires 38% less water than other varieties
- Hard wearing and self repairing, TifTuf can be used for both domestic and commercial applications including sports fields
- Lush, green appearance
- Genetically researched, developed and proven
- 100% genetically pure
- Comes with a 10 Year Product Warranty
Find out more about TifTuf Bermuda.
For an economical turf alternative we recommend using Eureka Kikuyu.
Perfect for Sutherland rental properties or projects with a smaller budget, Eureka Kikuyu is a dense, vigorous growing variety.
As the cheapest turf on the market you won’t see the same performance that our premium varieties give as it requires more water, nutrients and mowing to keep it looking its best.
- Fast, vigorous growth
- Grows into early Winter
- Maintains its colour year round
- Self repairing
- Comes with a 10 year warranty
- Requires more frequent mowing, water and inputs
- Won’t grow in shade
- More susceptible to pests compared to premium varieties
- Can invade surrounding areas if not well maintained
Find out more about Eureka Kikuyu turf.
Need Help Selecting the Right Turf?
Ready for a Quote?
Once you have decided on the turf variety right for you, visit the individual turf variety page and select the quantity you would like us to provide a quote for.
If you need help working out how much turf you need click here for our guide on measuring.
Have a question about grass?
Lawntastic Lawn Care!