Penrith Turf Supplies
Cobbitty Turf Supplies is just south of Penrith and we can look after you!
Fresh Cut Turf Delivered to Penrith and Surrounds Daily
This is where we live! Just south of Penrith is Cobbitty village – we’re a local supplier for you.
Because we’re so close, there’s no problem getting your turf quickly. However, please give us as much notice as possible before the date that you will require your turf delivery.
We can recommend where to get soil and help you choose the right grass variety, just give us a call on 02 4651 0000.
Read on below to find out more about turf and soil types in and around Penrith.
Turf Varieties For Penrith, Richmond and Surrounds
There are several premium turf varieties that we grow which suit lawns in Penrith, Richmond and the surrounding suburbs. They each have their pros and cons to consider. Ask us if you’re not sure what to buy!
When choosing a lawn variety, these are the factors to think about:
- Shade – how much shade will your lawn get and how much sun does it need to survive?
- Water & drought – how much watering do you want to do? Some grasses do OK with minimal water.
- Maintenance – some varieties require more mowing and edging.
- Fertilising – for optimal growth and green, most varieties need fertilising every now and then. But how much?
- Wear & tear – do you have kids, dogs, or generally a lot of foot traffic on the lawn? Some handle this better than others.
- Weed resistance – will your grass out-compete weeds?
- Disease resistance – how susceptible will the variety be to lawn diseases and fungus?
- Budget – not all varieties cost the same. But bear in mind you will get a better performing lawn with a higher budget.
Featuring fine, soft leaves and a lush green colour, Sir Grange is a beautiful turf grass variety well suited to the Penrith environment.
As one of our premium turf varieties, Sir Grange is popular amongst home and business owners looking for a turf variety that looks great while requiring minimal maintenance.
Hand selected from over 10,000 varieties, Sir Grange performs fantastically with high shade and wear tolerance while keeping pests such as weeds and insects at bay.
Perfect for the Penrith lifestyle, Sir Grange requires less mowing, watering and maintenance when compared to other popular varieties than other varieties, all while providing a luxurious look.
- Able to survive in both hot summer heat and sub-freezing temperatures in Winter
- Beautiful, lush green appearance
- Has fantastic self repairing abilities
- Able to handle high volumes of traffic and wear year round
- Grows well in full sun and shade
- Comes with a 10 Year Product Warranty
Learn more about Sir Grange turf.
Sir Walter Buffalo DNA Certified
Say hello to the most popular turf variety in Australia, Sir Walter Buffalo!
DNA Certified by AusGap, Sir Walter Buffalo is so popular due to its lush appearance and ability to thrive under a range of conditions with minimal inputs.
Spend less time on your lawn care routine with Sir Walter, the tight growth habit keeps weeds and pests at bay while the ability to repair itself prevents the need for repair work should any damage occur.
This makes it a great choice for backyard applications as kids and pets won’t damage it. You’ll also save yourself some time as it requires less mowing and watering compared to other common varieties.
- Sir Walter Buffalo Turf is low allergenic – no more grass itch for your family or pets!
- Drought tolerant – save time and money watering your lawn
- Reduces the need for herbicides as the dense coverage keeps them at bay
- Performs well in full sun or with only 3 hours of sun per day
- Performs well under a range of weather conditions including drought, sub-freezing and shade
Learn more about Sir Walter Buffalo DNA Certified turf.
If you’re looking for a highly drought tolerant turf variety then TifTuf Bermuda may be the one for you!
While all of our turf varieties are pretty drought tolerant, TifTuf tops the list. It’s the first and only turf grass variety in the world to receive a Smart Approved WaterMark.
Scientifically designed to thrive with minimal water and nutrient inputs throughout hot, dry summers, TifTuf is perfect for Penrith homes looking for a beautiful water saving alternative.
Not only is TifTuf great at reducing water consumption, but it’s also hard wearing. The name says it all, TifTuf is tough! Perfect for backyard sport matches, family gatherings and pets.
For a soft, beautiful lawn that’s going to perform well throughout summer in Penrith, consider TifTuf.
- Holds a Smart Approved WaterMark
- Needs 38% less water compared to other common varieties
- Is the product of nearly 25 years worth of research
- Lush, soft feeling underfoot
- Performs well in all areas (sun + shade)
- Tough wearing – can handle high amounts of traffic and has the ability to self repair
- 100% genetically pure
- Comes with a 10 Year Product Warranty
Learn more about TifTuf Bermuda.
Looking for cheap turf in Penrith? Be sure to check out Eureka Kikuyu!
Originally introduced to Australia for the purpose of feeding cows and sheep, Eureka Kikuyu is a vigorous and fast growing variety that provides an economical solution for turf.
As the cheapest variety on the market it’s not without its faults, requiring more frequent mowing, watering and pest management. It also does not perform well in shaded areas.
However, as it grows so quickly you won’t need to worry about repairing any damage that occurs, making it a good budget option for rental properties or homes with young children or pets.
- Fast, vigorous growth
- Grows through Autumn in to early Winter
- Maintains its colour year round
- Fast growth means its self repairing
- Comes with a 10 year warranty
- Will only thrive with a sunny aspect
- Requires more frequent mowing, edging and weeding than other varieties
- It can invade surrounding garden beds and footpaths if not kept maintained
- More susceptible to pests such as insects and fungus compared to premium varieties
Learn more about Eureka Kikuyu turf.
Need help selecting your ideal Penrith turf variety?
Ready to buy?
Once you have chosen the variety you want, head to the individual variety page and select the quantity you require for a quote. To help you estimate the amount you need, you might like to read How to Estimate Turf Quantities.
Have a question about grass?
Lawntastic Lawn Care!