Windsor Turf Supplies
Fresh Cut Turf Delivered to Windsor & Richmond
Just south of Windsor is Cobbitty village. We’ve got a reputation for service which won’t disappoint you.
Because we’re so close, there’s no problem getting your turf quickly. However, please give us as much notice as possible before the date that you will require your turf delivery.
We can recommend where to get soil and help you choose the right grass variety, just give us a call on 02 4651 0000.
Read on below to find out more about turf and soil types in and around Windsor.
Turf Varieties For Windsor, Richmond and Surrounds
There are several premium turf varieties that we grow which suit lawns in Windsor, Richmond and the surrounding suburbs. They each have their pros and cons to consider. Ask us if you’re not sure what to buy!
When choosing a lawn variety, these are the factors to think about:
- Shade – how much shade will your lawn get and how much sun does it need to survive?
- Water & drought – how much watering do you want to do? Some grasses do OK with minimal water.
- Maintenance – some varieties require more mowing and edging.
- Fertilising – for optimal growth and green, most varieties need fertilising every now and then. But how much?
- Wear & tear – do you have kids, dogs, or generally a lot of foot traffic on the lawn? Some handle this better than others.
- Weed resistance – will your grass out-compete weeds?
- Disease resistance – how susceptible will the variety be to lawn diseases and fungus?
- Budget – not all varieties cost the same. But bear in mind you will get a better performing lawn with a higher budget.
If you’re looking for a beautiful fine bladed grass with premium performance, Sir Grange (Zeon Zoysia) may be for you!
Originally developed for the golf industry, Sir Grange is a hard wearing variety with excellent shade and drought tolerance – able to grow in full sun or with only 4 hours a day.
Many people love Sir Grange due to its ease of care. Self repairing and pest resistant, this turf variety requires 50% less mowing and 75% less nitrogen compared to other common varieties.
- Well suited to Windsor’s weather
- Self repairing
- Highly shade tolerant – Only requires 4 hours of sun/day to thrive
- Lush, green appearance
- Cut down time on lawn care
- Comes with a 10 Year Product Warranty
Read more about Sir Grange turf.
Sir Walter Buffalo – DNA Certified
Sir Walter Buffalo is the most popular turf variety sold in Australia and popular amongst our Windsor customers.
Low allergenic, good looking, easy to care for and a proven performer in drought, it’s not hard to understand why. The dense growth habit keeps most weeds and pests at bay.
Rarely suffering from fungus, the need for herbicides, fungicides and time spent on lawn care is greatly reduced.
For a beautiful, lush lawn the whole family can enjoy, get Sir Walter Buffalo, it’s sure to make you the envy of your street.
- 100% Australian bred
- Performs well under a range of conditions
- Give your home a luxe look
- Cut down time spent treating your lawn
- Low allergenic – no more grass itch for you or your pets
- Hard wearing and self repairing
Read more about Sir Walter Buffalo DNA Certified turf.
TifTuf Bermuda is the first and only turf grass variety in the world to receive the Smart Approved WaterMark.
The product of almost 25 years worth of research, TifTuf is our best performer when it comes to thriving under hot, dry conditions, requiring 38% less water when compared to other varieties. Perfect for Windsor summers and water restrictions!
TifTuf is tough too! The fine leaf blades ensure shade tolerance and a soft feeling underfoot while the dense growth habit enables it to handle high volumes of traffic and wear.
TifTuf is suitable for both domestic and commercial applications including usage for sports fields, parks and high traffic areas.
- Extremely drought tolerant
- Shade tolerant
- Keeps weeds and insects at bay
- Holds its colour well into Winter
- Fast establishment – roots develop in 7 days
- Only grass variety to hold to Smart Approved WaterMark
- Soft feeling underfoot
- Requires 38% less water
Read more about TifTuf Bermuda turf.
A vigorous and dense growing variety, Eureka Kikuyu has been bred to be the best kikuyu grass possible.
Less prone to disease than older varieties, Eureka Kikuyu provides good colour year round. Its self repairing abilities and fast growth make it a very economical turf solution.
As the least expensive turf on the market Eureka Kikuyu doesn’t perform as well as our premium varieties do, as it requires more water, input and maintenance to keep it looking good.
- Very economical
- Self repairing
- Nice even colour year round
- Vigorous grower in full sun
- Great for erosion control
- 10 Year Product Warranty
- Won’t grow well in shade
- Needs to be mowed regularly
- Needs more maintenance than other varieties
- Can invade surrounding areas
- Doesn’t look as luxe as other varieties
Read more about Eureka Kikuyu turf.
Selecting Your Ideal Turf
Still trying to decide which turf variety will work best for your Windsor property? Try using our online turf variety comparison tool, or get in touch with our friendly staff, for expert advice about which variety will work best for you.
Before you order check out our advice on How to Estimate Turf Quantities.
Have a question about grass?