Cobbitty Lawn Turf Supplies Sydney | All That You Need to Know
We put daily care into the production on our Sydney turf farm to deliver you fresh-cut Sydney grass supplies six days per week to Sydney suburbs and surrounds.
Here on the Cobbitty Lawn Turf farm, we put daily tender love and care into the production of turf on our farm so that we are able to deliver you beautiful, fresh-cut turf six days per week to Sydney suburbs, Southern Highlands and Wollongong.
So, which varieties of turf do we grow, which areas do we serve, how do you order, when should you order, and which variety should you order!?
Fresh From Our Sydney Turf Farm
Here on the Cobbitty Lawn Turf Sydney lawn farm, we grow four premium turf varieties – Sir Walter Buffalo DNA Certified, Sir Grange, TifTuf and Eureka Kikuyu, all tried and tested to withstand the conditions that they will be exposed to in Sydney suburbs, Southern Highlands and Wollongong.
As your trusted local Sydney turf supplier, we take pride in cutting and delivering your lawn fresh, on the same day!
Our Sydney lawn supplier delivery trucks are out and about six days a week, ensuring that you receive your new turf fresh – no longer than 1-2 days post placing your order.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Turf for Your Sydney Home
When choosing which lawn variety from your local Sydney turf farm is going to best suit you and your family’s needs, there are a few key factors you will want to consider that should help steer you in the right direction in terms of making your decision!
Here are the main factors to take into consideration:
- Sun Exposure and Shade – how much shade will your lawn get and how much sun does it need to survive? Grass that is in the shade for the most part of the day will generally hold more moisture, and therefore be more susceptible to lawn diseases and fungus.
- Watering and Drought – how much time will you have for watering your new lawn? Some varieties survive well with minimal water, whilst others require frequent watering to stay alive.
- Maintenance – will you have time for lawn care/maintenance? For optimal growth, some varieties require more mowing, edging, weeding, watering, fertilising etc. than others do.
- Traffic/Wear and Tear – do you have kids, dogs, or a lot of general foot traffic on your lawn? Some varieties handle traffic better than others.
- Your Budget – some turf varieties cost more than others. But, bear in mind you will get a better performing lawn with a higher budget.
So, Which Turf Variety is Best for Your Sydney Home?
Let’s take a look at the characteristics of the premium varieties that we grow here on our Sydney lawn farm, and their suitability to our Sydney NSW conditions…
Sir Walter Buffalo grass is commonly known as an excellent (and popular) all-rounder grass variety for the Greater Sydney lawn supplies, as well as Illawarra and Highlands regions.
This is the variety that will really give you the best performance in a range of conditions.
If you have shade over your yard area for most part of the day, then this is the variety for you.
SIR WALTER DNA CERTIFIED PROS:
- Very shade tolerant (only needs three hours of direct sunlight per day)
- Resistant to drought and doesn’t require too much watering
- Recovers quickly from wear and tear
- Will out-compete weeds in the warmer months
- Doesn’t need a lot of mowing and fertilising as compared to other varieties
- Maintains great, deep green colour all year round
You’ll also find that Sir Walter DNA Certified turf is a beautiful lush, thick bladed variety which gives a verdant look that other varieties don’t.
Widely known as ‘the finer choice’, Sir Grange is a fine bladed premium turf variety, which has high shade tolerance and very low nutrient and water requirements.
The Lawn Solutions Australia network of Aussie turf farmers have an extensive R&D program that includes partnerships with some of the world’s leading grass research facilities.
Sir Grange is a successful product of these turf breeders, thanks to its good-looks and various superiorities.
SIR GRANGE PROS:
- Has been hand selected from over 10,000 different cultivars
- It dark green in colour, with a soft, fine leaf blade
- Requires 75% less nitrogen than other common turf varieties
- Requires up to 50% less mowing than other common turf varieties
- Is weed and insect resistant
- Holds a high shade tolerance (needs only 4 hours of direct sunlight per day)
- Is suitable for full sun areas, with high drought-tolerance
- Has a high tolerance to wear, and is self-repairing
- Survives through sub-freezing temperatures
As a member of the Lawn Solutions Australia house of brands, your purchase of Sir Grange through Cobbitty Lawn Turf (your local Sydney turf supplier) will also be covered by our nationwide 10 year warranty.
A vigorous grower, Kikuyu is the cheapest variety going. But, as you now know, the cheaper the variety, the more ‘cons’ it may hold.
EUREKA KIKUYU PROS:
- Very economical
- Grows quickly in full sun
- Is quite self-repairing
- Will keep growing through Autumn and into early Winter (whilst other varieties will slow down during this period)
- Survives well in colder climates
- Maintains good, even colour all year round
EUREKA KIKUYU CONS:
- Will not survive in high shade areas
- As a fast grower, Kikuyu requires a lot of mowing (more maintenance than other varieties)
- Kikuyu needs to be watered quite frequently (again, more maintenance)
- This variety has been known to rapidly invade garden beds
100% genetically pure, Tiftuf Bermuda has superior qualities in drought tolerance, shade tolerance, wear tolerance and maintaining Winter colour.
Tiftuf‘s density enables it to handle high wear situations such as an intense game of backyard soccer or cricket, whilst its fine blade ensures shade tolerance and makes it a particularly soft leaf to walk on.
TIFTUF BERMUDA PROS:
- TifTuf has been hand selected from over 30,000 different varieties of grass
- TifTuf has had almost 25 years of research conducted on it by the world’s leading grass scientists
- This variety has superior drought tolerance, requiring on average 38% less water than other varieties
- Fantastic resistance to wear and tear, with great self-repairing characteristics
- High shade tolerance
With every Tiftuf Bermuda purchase, no matter how big or small, you will be issued with a Lawn Solutions Australia Certificate of Warranty. This certificate is your guarantee that you are receiving genuine Tiftuf Bermuda from your turf supplier, Sydney.
Still not sure? We would love for you to come and take a look, and feel our premium varieties before you buy them!
To visit us here on the farm, or for more information on turf supplies Sydney, please call us on (02) 4651 0000 to make an appointment. Our farm is at 264 Mckee Road Theresa Park, NSW 2570.
Areas We Serve
Rely on us for your turf supplies Sydney! As your local (and trusted) Sydney turf supplier, we deliver to:
- Southern Highlands
How to Order & About Delivery
Once you have decided on your most suitable turf variety, you are going to need to know how much turf you will need.
How to Calculate the Are of Different Yard Shapes
- The area of a rectangle = w x h.
- To calculate the area of a triangle, find the width and height, multiply them together and divide by 2. The area of a triangle = (w x h)/2.
- To calculate the area of a circle, find the diameter, divide it by 2, square that and multiply by pi (3.14). The area of a circle = 3.14 x (d/2)2.
- For a semi-circle, use the same as a circle, but divide area by 2 – area of a semi-circle = (3.14 x (d/2)2)/2.
By knowing close to exactly how many square meters of turf you will need, you are eliminating the need to make a costly ‘generous’ estimate to ensure that you have enough!
For more information on estimating turf quantities, or on grass supplies Sydney, click here.
Placing Your Order
You can trust Cobbitty Lawn Turf, your Sydney lawn supplier to supply premium grass for your residential or commercial project in Sydney, the Southern Highlands or the Illawarra.
To buy our premium turf online, please click here, or you can simply give us a call here at the farm on (02) 4651 0000 to talk about your Sydney grass supplies.
As your Sydney lawn supplier, uur experienced staff can give you help with selecting a turf variety, how to prepare for your new lawn or give maintenance advice.
Our Sydney turf supplier services also include forklift delivery and ongoing support.
The Best Time of Year to Order Turf in Sydney
We suggest ordering and laying your new turf supplies Sydney in the earliest part of Spring.
Early in Spring is the optimal time to install new turf in Sydney and the surrounding suburbs, as it is just out of our Winter (when most varieties are slow growing and conditions are damp), but we are yet to be exposed to our harsh Australian Summer weather conditions, which make it extremely hard for new turf to establish and thrive.
Newly laid turf needs to be kept moist daily for 2-3 weeks to help it to establish. Our harsh Aussie Summer conditions make it extremely hard for new lawns to establish, with many not surviving the extreme heat.
So, don’t leave it too late to order your new turf this year!
For more tips and advice on Sydney turf supplies, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly team on (02) 4651 0000.